TheFarSideOfCrazy

Monday, August 28, 2006

If I can remember the way...

LongDistanceConversations

Andrew Osenga has a song called Broadway Bartender about a bar full of sad and lonely people. Andy's (I feel that he and I are so close that I can call him Andy) last line is that he's tired of the bar and wants to go home. Well, I'm not in a bar right now. I am in Ecuador though, and I'm tired of this country and I want to go home. I leave here on the eighth of next month. That's only a week from Friday, but it's not soon enough. I miss Laura the cats and I'm anxious to get home and take care of them and our unborm child (it's Laura's and mine, not the cats').

Don't get me wrong, please. This is not the worst place to be. I could be sitting in the desert with sand in everything, living in a tent. But I'm not, I am where I am. I got to stop in Quito for a night, it's a beautiful city. I only have to have one room mate, that's pretty nice. I just want to go home and not have to call or e-mail any more. It gets old when your only source of communicaton with the person you want to talk to is over the phone. At any rate, if you're looking for a good DVD, watch the HBO series Rome. It's a great look, throught the lives of individuals, at the civil war in Rome. They always manage to show how some personal conflict can shape a huge empire. Check it out.

Grace and Peace

1 Comments:

  • I miss you too, love. You will be home soon. Think of this as a chance for thought and figuring out things without me irritating you all day everyday. Muah!

    By Blogger Mrs. Thomasson, at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home